Practical Problem Solving course. Part of our Lean Learning Journey platform. The materials guide the learner through an eight-step methodology, developing capability of problem solving. A must-have skill for all lean thinkers.
- Practical Problem Solving course. Part of our Lean Learning Journey platform. The materials guide the learner through an eight-step methodology, developing capability of problem solving. A must-have skill for all lean thinkers.
- S.M.A.R.T. learning outcomes:
- Specific – Gain a deeper understanding of applying the 8 step PDCA “thinking way” behind solving a problem PDCA (based on original Toyota Business Practice.) Gain practical experience through completing the Problem Solving A3 Learning Exercise and put your problem solving story simply onto an A3.
- Measurable – Evaluate your results against criteria and reflect on your Problem Solving thinking way after completing each of the 8 steps.
- Achievable – Video Teach points and learning exercise (total approx 8hrs) are broken down into steps to enable you to do short burst learning at your convenience.
- Realistic – Inch wide mile deep approach to key learning points. Staged completion and confirmation questions for each 8 step to ensure PDCA. Join the Lean Learning Journey Forum for support.
- Time Bound – You should try to complete A3 Learning Exercise within 1 – 2 weeks maximum. So you can then quickly move onto skill level 3 to gain experience on real problems. Instructor prompt messages to keep your progress moving to aid completion.
- The material includes:
- 30 Teach Point modules.
- 28 Videos.
- 10 “learn by doing” exercise modules.
- 8 Learning Confirmation Quizzes.
- 12 supporting material downloads – A3’s examples, A3 Evaluation guide & visual, 3 Visual Teach Posters, Teach Poster guides and Problem Solving Tools leaflet.