Practical Problem Solving course. Part of our Lean Learning Journey platform. The materials guide the learner through an eight-step methodology, developing capability of problem solving. A must-have skill for all lean thinkers.
- Practical Problem Solving course. Part of our Lean Learning Journey platform. The materials guide the learner through an eight-step methodology, developing capability of problem solving. A must-have skill for all lean thinkers.
- S.M.A.R.T. learning outcomes:
- Specific – Gain a deeper understanding of applying the 8 step PDCA “thinking way” behind solving a problem PDCA (based on original Toyota Business Practice.) Gain practical experience through completing the Problem Solving A3 Learning Exercise in order to put your problem solving story simply onto an A3.
- Measurable – Evaluate your results against criteria. This therefore enables reflection on your Problem Solving thinking way after completing each of the 8 steps.
- Achievable – Video Teach points and learning exercise (total approx 8hrs) are broken down into steps to enable you to do short burst learning at your convenience.
- Realistic – Inch wide mile deep approach to key learning points. In addition, staged completion and confirmation questions for each 8 step ensure PDCA. Join the Lean Learning Journey Forum for support.
- Time Bound – You should try to complete A3 Learning Exercise within 1 – 2 weeks maximum. So you can quickly move onto skill level 3 to gain experience on real problems. Instructor prompt messages to keep your progress moving to aid completion.
- In summary, the material includes:
- 30 Teach Point modules, so learning can be broken into bite sized pieces.
- 28 Videos, so you can watch and listen as well as read.
- 10 “learn by doing” exercise modules. The best way to learn.
- 8 Learning Confirmation Quizzes to check your understanding.
- 12 supporting material downloads – For instance – A3 examples, A3 Evaluation guide & visual, 3 Visual Teach Posters, Teach Poster guides and Problem Solving Tools leaflet.