Strategy Deployment and Alignment through Hoshin
2 – Day Workshop
This workshop will help leaders understand Hoshin Planning as a core process for defining and creating annual objectives and developing people based on those objectives.
This workshop will also clarify how Hoshin Planning (also referred to as strategy deployment) can be utilized to define a clear strategic framework that can strengthen an organization through enabling sustained high performance and produces long-term results.
Finally, this workshop will clarify the relationship of hoshin planning (which functions like the skeleton) to A3 problem solving(which functions like the muscle).
Many organizations struggle with how to best engage the workforce to an aligned direction that ensures business viability. In most cases upper management understands that it has responsibility to connect the company's people to the purpose of the organization. But how do you do that effectively? How can managers build the culture of an organization where management is purposeful in its approach?
Hoshin planning is a management system that aligns – both vertically and horizontally – an organization's functions and activities with its strategic objectives.
Hoshin planning is also ideally a process that releases creativity in each Team Member as goals are developed in a dynamic, catch-ball process that involves a dialogue between each level of management about annual corporate objectives. This engaged dialogue promotes the capability of the organization to manage based on purpose.
- Discuss fundamental framework for hoshin kanri.
- Clarify conditions for successful execution of hoshin planning and alignment in an organization.
- Develop initial plan to implement hoshin kanri in your own organization.
- See how to build structure of PDCA at individual and corporate levels.
- Understand how hoshin planning connects to A3 problem solving.
Who Should Attend?
Lean leaders, managers, and executives involved with strategy deployment
- Attendance - 2 Day Course
- Class size - Maximum 12 people per day
- Timings - Each day will run from 09:00 - 17:00
- Cost – General £790.00 / Consultant £900.00 per delegate per day with a 15% discount when 2 or more people from the same organisation attend
- Materials - A PDF copy of the materials will be available via the Lean Enterprise Academy website.
* Please note prices exclude VAT at the standard rate of 20%
We can also run these workshops in-house at your convenience, if you would like to explore this option please contact us at email@example.com or call +44 (0)1600 890590
Follow up (optional)
LEA provides an ongoing mentoring service for organisations involved in making Lean transformations. Lean Transformation Master Plans, supporting A3s & VSM’s developed by the organisation can be reviewed at 30/60/90 intervals. This provides the organisation with help and direction in sustaining the learning from the workshop process and helps highlight further learning opportunities that can be pulled, as and when required, by the organisation.