Lean Summit 2008 - Lean Transformation Summit
21st November 2008 QEII Conference Centre, London, UK
Over 300 delegates listened to 12 presentations on Lean process, Lean management, Lean leadership, Lean transformation and Lean strategy at the first one day UK Lean Transformation Summit for senior managers on 21st November 2008 at the QE II Conference Centre in London.
Audience reaction was very positive and we will organize further events of this kind in the future.
- Are you realising that there is more to lean than engaging employees in eliminating waste through deploying lean tools, running rapid improvement events and sending lean experts from HQ to help?
- Are you struggling to get functional managers to cooperate in linking activities across your organisation and beyond into seamless end-to-end processes that deliver more value at lower cost?
- How much time do your managers spend fire-fighting instead of leading process improvement activities and developing the problem skills of their employees?
- Are you using the scientific method to define your key objectives, to plan your improvement activities and to reflect and spread the results across your entire organisation?
- Are you spending a huge amount of time and effort to sell your products to strangers rather than working with your customers to help them solve their problems?
View more events here
Friday 21 November
SESSION 1 - WHAT WOULD A LEAN ORGANISATION LOOK LIKE?
What is every process in your organisation was lean?
What would happen if you were taken over by a really Lean organisation?
Frits Nygaard - Senior Advisor, DI Confederation of Danish Industries, Denmark
What changes as you move from modern management to Lean management?
Jim Womack - Founder and Senior Advisor, Lean Enterprise Institute
SESSION 2 - WHAT IS THE ROLE OF TOP MANAGEMENT?
How can visual management help prioritize actions for top management?
Takashi Tanaka - Senior Business Consultant, QV System
How can lean leaders develop their people through A3 Thinking?
John Shook - CEO, Lean Enterprise Institute
How do you focus everyone on doing the right things using strategy deployment?
Pascal Dennis - Principal, Lean Productivity Systems, USA
SESSION 3 - HOW DIFFERENT IS A LEAN TRANSFORMATION?
How to diagnose your organisation to chart your lean journey?
Stephen Parry - Thought Leader in Lean Enterprise Architect., See Business Differently
How do you design a Lean transformation process across a large enterprise?
René Aernoudts - Chairman, Lean Management Instituut
How to develop managers able to lead and sustain end-to-end value streams?
Dave Brunt - Chief Executive, Lean Enterprise Academy Limited
Video presentation unavailable
SESSION 4 - WHAT IS THE TRUE POTENTIAL OF LEAN?
What does being customer focused really mean?
Alan Mitchell - Co Founder, Mydex and Ctrl-Shift
How we designed our business around our customers' problems
Alex Cheatle - CEO, Ten, UK
Lean strategy: Going where your competitors will struggle to follow