Since the launch of “Learning to See” many of us have been mapping our value streams. Often, we have started by mapping what we can see – the transformation of raw materials into a finished product. However, as we have begun to tie in our order to delivery information flows – the information that tells us what to work on and when – we have uncovered a previously hidden amount of work to be done in our other processes. This workshop takes delegates through the process of value stream mapping, introducing you to the issues you will come across as you map. Delegates will conduct a series of exercises so that they are able to translate how the tool can be used in their environment – be it high volume repetitive manufacturing, bespoke made to order products/services or administrative processes. Most importantly “Mapping Your Processes” explains the questions required to design Future State value streams and walks through relevant examples from LEA’s library of maps.
email email@example.com to ask about attending or holding this workshop
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHOP PDF TO SHARE WITH YOUR TEAM
The purpose of this workshop is to explore the lessons and insights from Learning to See in order to:
- Understand the process of value stream mapping
- Understand how to design Future State value streams using the 8 point criteria
- Explore how to use the value stream mapping process to implement the future state.
Topics that will be examined include:
- Value stream improvement vs. process improvement
- Focusing on a product family
- The role of value stream manager
- Identifying the correct level of magnification for value stream
- A series of case studies and exercises to practice drawing a current-state map
- Individual efficiency vs. system efficiency
- Issues to consider when developing a Future State and designing a Lean flow
- Exercises to practice drawing a future-state map
- How to create a plan for implementing the future state.
- Key points to successfully implement future state value stream maps
Through instruction, small group discussions and exercises, the workshop participants will:
- Learn how to identify a product family, how to see the entire value stream for a particular product family, how to map the value stream to identify and eliminate waste, design a future state and how to develop a plan to achieve immediate breakthrough results.
- Value Stream Mapping Introduction
- Scoping a Value Stream Project
- Current State Mapping
- What makes a Value Stream Lean?
- Future State Mapping
- Achieving the Future State
- Reflections & Expectations Review
- Attendance – 2 Day Course
- Class size – Maximum 12 people per day
- Timings – Each day will run from 09:00 – 17:00
- Cost – £790.00 (Consultant Rate £900.00)* per delegate per day with a 15% discount when 2 or more people from the same organisation attend
- Materials – A PDF copy of the materials will be available via the Lean Enterprise Academy website. Participants will also receive a copy of Learning to See by Mike Rother and John Shook
- Facilities** – Refreshments and lunches will be provided by LEA
* Please note prices exclude VAT at the standard rate of 20%
We can also run these workshops in-house at your convenience, if you would like to explore this option please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1600 890590
Follow up (optional)
LEA provides an ongoing mentoring service for organisations involved in making Lean transformations. Lean Transformation Master Plans, supporting A3s & VSM’s developed by the organisation can be reviewed at 30/60/90 intervals. This provides the organisation with help and direction in sustaining the learning from the workshop process and helps highlight further learning opportunities that can be pulled, as and when required, by the organisation.
Other workshops available – please visit our events page for more details
The lessons learnt during this workshop are elements from the Process Improvement and Capability Development pillars of the Lean Transformation Framework