Discount: 20% on 10+ copies
Integrating Business and Lean IT
Run Grow Transform: Integrating Business and Lean IT
- Presents the insights of a Shingo Prize-winning author, subject matter experts, and thought leaders of the Lean IT community
- Explains how to apply Lean IT practices to drive operational excellence, enable efficient growth, and accelerate idea-to-value innovation
- Offers insights and examples that can be put to use immediately
- Describes how to integrate and leveraging transformative IT capabilities with all assets of an enterprise
- Outlines a framework to facilitate collaboration and stimulate innovation
- Supplies a collaborative value stream management approach to help readers harnesses the principles and practices of Lean across the entire enterprise
Your customers want innovation and value, and they want it now. How can you apply Lean principles and practices throughout your enterprise to drive operational excellence, reduce costs while improving quality, enable efficient growth, and accelerate idea-to-value innovation?
Shingo Prize-winning author Steve Bell and other thought leaders show you how—guiding you to more effectively align people and purpose, promote enterprise agility, and leverage transformative IT capabilities to create market-differentiating value for your customers. Combining research and insight with practical examples and in-depth case studies that can be put to immediate use, Run Grow Transform: Integrating Business and Lean IT is a must read for leaders and senior managers from all disciplines, showing you how to:
- Drive enterprise outcomes and strategy through adaptive Business/IT learning
- Maximize collaboration, leverage the knowledge and skills of your teams
- Overcome enterprise-wise obstacles commonly encountered by Agile development teams
- Improve infrastructure reliability and cost, learn how to get the best results from operations frameworks including ITIL, COBIT and ISO 20000
- Apply Lean principles to Enterprise Architecture and Business Process Management disciplines
- Make informed, value-based choices about outsourcing
- Tap into big data and social media to listen to and interact with the virtual voice of your customers
- Streamline management, collaboration, and communication systems
- Identify and measure the right things that lead to customer value
What readers are saying:
This book focuses on the most critical and challenging issue for any aspect of the development or use of IT: creating a collaborative learning culture.
Jeffrey K. Liker, Shingo Prize-winning Author of The Toyota Way
Run Grow Transform takes the next logical step to driving enterprise value. This could be the game-changing playbook for IT 3.0.
Mark Katz, CIO & Senior Vice President, Esselte Corporation
A powerful read detailing how companies can leverage their Lean IT transformation to supercharge the business.
Tom Paider, IT Build Capability Leader, Nationwide
The consistent application of the practices described in this book has enabled Embraer to reap huge gains. I recommend this book as a desktop companion.
Alexandre Baulé, Vice President Information Systems, Embraer
… takes the reader a leap forward, ready for immediate application to bridge Lean and innovation.
Melissa Barrett, Enterprise Architecture & IT Strategy, Premera Blue Cross
… sets out the principles and practices necessary for success in the new economy.
Jez Humble, Author of Continuous Delivery
Steve Bell has hit another home run with this book. Either your organization will adopt the wisdom contained in this book and thrive, or your competitors will do so and put you out of business.
Scott Ambler, Author of Disciplined Agile Delivery
It’s rare to see truly new insight added to the Lean discussion. Steve Bell does just that by continuing to push the frontiers of Lean thinking.
Alexander Brown, COO, Scrum Inc.
Steve Bell has mapped a new trajectory. I challenge any CIO to read Bell’s breakthrough work and not be compelled to start this journey to become a transformative leader in the creation of real and sustainable value.
Jeffrey Barnes, Society for Information Management (SIM), Regional Director, Advanced Practices Council
All too often the IT organization is viewed as an impediment to lean transformation, when it truly can be a catalyst. Steve’s book sorts out all the noise, the jargon, and the “hero culture”, guiding the reader to what is so obvious, yet so hard to see: build your culture around your customer!
Josh Rapoza, Director of Web Strategy and Operations, Lean Enterprise Institute
Aligning Lean and IT is a great challenge with a big payoff. This book really shows how Lean and IT can create a strong enterprise; it’s a great inspiration.
Klaus Lyck Petersen, Solar A/S
A must read for any organization that is pursuing continuous improvement. In today’s world, real business improvement cannot be achieved without the IT factor; this book will help any organization achieve the improvement that they are seeking.
Barry J. Brunetto, Vice President, Information Systems, Blount International
Precise, concise, and entertaining, this book provides the reader with crucial tips on how IT can help enterprises survive and thrive in a fast-paced technological and economic environment. This is mandatory reading not only for businesses and IT organizations, but also for universities and policy makers.
Fuat Alican, PhD, Vice President, Central American Scientific Research and Education Center
Not just for Lean Practitioners, Run Grow Transform is a must-have reference for any IT organization, regardless of size, age or industry, looking to move to the next level of performance.
Sarah Topham, Lean Deployment Leader, Information Technology & Product Management, Paychex, Inc.
This is a long overdue book that addresses the key challenges for today’s IT organization and puts Lean IT into a context that is too often lacking.
James Finister, Tata Consultancy Services
The ‘business as usual’ scenario is not an option in today’s economy and global challenges. A transformation in methods, tools and frameworks is needed to guide our business decisions. This book is your first step!
Khuloud Odeh, IT Director, Grameen Foundation
Delivering beyond the helpful folk wisdom and narrow techniques and technologies found elsewhere, Steve Bell and his contributors provide practical full value stream lifecycle methods for continuous improvement using Lean in an IT and customer (business) setting.
Martin Erb, Director of Professional Services, Pink Elephant
Run Grow Transform clarifies the eternal quest of IT: to simply “running” of the business and to create innovative solutions to grow the business and create sustainable competitive advantage to transform the way customers interact with your business, in plain, actionable advice from one who has been on the front lines.
Tom Foco, Value Stream Solutions
This book covers topics on: