Lean Enterprise Academy are proud to announce the next two editions in our workshop offerings:
- Introduction to the Lean Transformation Framework – Monday 23rd May
- Introduction to Lean Leadership – Tuesday 24th May
In January 2014, John Shook shared the Lean Transformation Framework – the framework the Lean Enterprise Institute, the Lean Enterprise Academy and members of our Lean Global Network have been developing to guide transformations with our partner companies, large and small, across a wide range of industries.
Take a look at the animation below from Lean Enterprise Institute for further details:
During the workshop we explore each of the five areas of the framework – facilitatin discussion around the obstacles required to close gaps between each organisation’s current state and the proposed target condition.
The purpose of this workshop is:
- To provide a framework for Lean Transformation
- To explore the five areas of the Lean Transformation Framework
- To develop personal and team action plans
Topics that will be examined include:
- Basics of Value, Waste & Flow in Lean terms
- Common approaches & Pitfalls to Lean Transformation
- Understanding the five key areas to support successful Lean Transformatio
- How the Lean Transformation Framework can be used in practical environment to help improve and sustain Lean Transformations.
- Through instruction, small group discussions and exercises, the workshop participants will:
- Learn about the key elements of a successful Lean transformation
- Discuss and reflect on how to go beyond where they are now – to close the next set of gaps in the organization
For more details click here
Lean is often associated with the application of improvement tools to eliminate waste within a process by a few subject matter experts. This approach can deliver some incremental gains, but often it is not sustained and does not create a real step change in business performance.
The role of leadership is key to maximising the benefits of applying and sustaining Lean to help solve business problems. The Lean Enterprise Academy and the wider network of Lean Institutes around the world (the Lean Global Network) has been engaged in researching and codifying the key characteristics leaders need to achieve this.
The purpose of this workshop is
- To help leaders develop organisational and individual capabilities to sustain and expand Lean transformation.
- Articulate and engage leaders in understanding the fundamentals of Lean thinking and Lean transformation process, and their role in taking an organisation to the next level of performance.
- Engage leaders in thinking about their business problem situation and their role in addressing it.
Through instruction, small group discussions and exercises, the workshop participants will:
- Reflect on their organisation’s efforts to implement Lean.
- Understand the nature of Lean as a methodology of problem solving that helps organisations learn and develop capabilities for growth and improvement.
- Identify gaps between the current state of the organisation and the desired state.
- Reflect on their own individual efforts to implement Lean.
- Understand the key roles, mindsets, behaviours and assumptions of Lean leaders that support the development of a sustainable culture of problem solving.
- Identify gaps between the current roles, mindsets, behaviours and assumptions and those of a Lean leader.
- Review those gaps (both at the organisational and individual levels) and develop a plan to close the gaps identified.
For more details click here
- Attendance – 1 Day Course for Each Workshop
- Class size – Maximum 12 people per day
- Timings – Each day will run from 09:00 – 17:00
- Cost – £395.00 (Consultant Rate £450.00)* per delegate per day with a 15% discount when 2 or more people from the same organisation attend
- Materials – A PDF copy of the materials will be available via the Lean Enterprise Academy website.
- Facilities – Refreshments and lunches will be provided by LEA
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHOP PDF TO SHARE WITH YOUR TEAM:
INTRODUCTION TO THE LEAN TRANSFORMATION FRAMEWORK
INTRODUCTION TO LEAN LEADERSHIP
We can also run these workshops in-house at your convenience, if you would like to explore this option please contact us at [email protected] or call +44 (0)1600 890590