Early Booking Discount of 10% off when registering before 5th September 2017
Lean is often associated with the application of improvement tools to eliminate waste within a process by a few subject matter experts. This approach can deliver some incremental gains, but often it is not sustained and does not create a real step change in business performance.
The role of leadership is key to maximising the benefits of applying and sustaining Lean to help solve business problems. The Lean Enterprise Academy and the wider network of Lean Institutes around the world (the Lean Global Network) has been engaged in researching and codifying the key characteristics leaders need to achieve this.
Through instruction, small group discussions and exercises, the workshop participants will learn:
- Reflect on their organisation’s and their own individual efforts to implement Lean.
- Understand the nature of Lean as a methodology of solving business problems.
- Understand the key roles, mindsets, behaviours and assumptions of Lean.
- Identify gaps between the current state and desired state of both the organisation and the individual.
- Review those gaps and develop a plan to close the gaps identified.
BOOK ONLINE NOW – Hit the red Register Here button at the bottom of the page
DOWNLOAD THE BOOKING FORM HERE – then email it to [email protected]
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHOP PDF TO SHARE WITH YOUR TEAM
The purpose of this workshop is to help leaders develop organisational and individual capabilities to sustain and expand Lean transformation. The workshop is designed to:
- Articulate and engage leaders in understanding the fundamentals of Lean thinking and Lean transformation process, and their role in taking an organisation to the next level of performance.
- Engage leaders in thinking about their business problem situation and their role in addressing it.
Through instruction, small group discussions and exercises, the workshop participants will:
- Reflect on their organisation’s efforts to implement Lean.
- Understand the nature of Lean as a methodology of problem solving that helps organisations learn and develop capabilities for growth and improvement.
- Identify gaps between the current state of the organisation and the desired state.
- Reflect on their own individual efforts to implement Lean.
- Understand the key roles, mindsets, behaviours and assumptions of Lean leaders that support the development of a sustainable culture of problem solving.
- Identify gaps between the current roles, mindsets, behaviours and assumptions and those of a Lean leader.
- Review those gaps (both at the organisational and individual levels) and develop a plan to close the gaps identified.
- Conduct a reflection on what your organisation has done so far to improve performance
- Discuss strategies organisations use to grow and improve
- Overview of the Lean Management System:
- Identify gaps between your organisation’s current and desired state
- Conduct a reflection on what you have done as a leader that has had a big impact in the organisation
- Discuss the key roles, mindsets, behaviours and assumptions of Lean leaders
- Identify gaps between your organisation’s current and desired state for leadership
- Use organizational and individual Lean assessments to develop a plan to move forward
- Lead with Respect
- Managing to Learn
- The Toyota Way
- Toyota Kata
- Lean Thinking
- Lean Manager
- Learning to See
- Attendance – 1 Day Course
- Class size – Maximum 12 people per day
- Timings – Each day will run from 09:00 – 17:00
- Cost – £395.00 (Consultant Rate £450.00)* per delegate per day with a 15% discount when 2 or more people from the same organisation attend
- Materials – A PDF copy of the materials will be available via the Lean Enterprise Academy website.
- Facilities** – Refreshments and lunches will be provided by LEA
* Please note prices exclude VAT at the standard rate of 20%
** We are situated in a listed building which unfortunately does not have disabled access. On occasions where disabled access is required we will move the workshops to a local hotel in Ross on Wye.
We can also run these workshops in-house at your convenience, if you would like to explore this option please contact us at [email protected] or call +44 (0)1600 890590
Follow up (optional)
LEA provides an ongoing mentoring service for organisations involved in making Lean transformations. Lean Transformation Master Plans, supporting A3s & VSM’s developed by the organisation can be reviewed at 30/60/90 intervals. This provides the organisation with help and direction in sustaining the learning from the workshop process and helps highlight further learning opportunities that can be pulled, as and when required, by the organisation.
Other workshops available – please visit our events page for more details
The lessons learnt during this workshop are elements from the Leadership and Management System piece of the Lean Transformation Framework