“Mapping to See” Value Stream Improvement for the Office and Services - 2 Days
Early Booking Discount of 10% off when registering before 29th May 2017
This interactive workshop demonstrates how to apply value-stream mapping, a fundamental and critical tool, to address what many companies find difficult to do: making a fundamental change in business processes such as administrative, professional, and transactional activities. You will see how the key elements of Lean thinking and value-stream mapping apply to such activities by identifying key processes to tackle, drawing an accurate current-state map of each process, applying Lean principles to develop a vision an improved future-state and implementing the future-state in a way that can be sustained.
BOOK ONLINE NOW - Hit the red Register Here button at the bottom of the page
The purpose of this workshop is to explore the lessons and insights from Mapping to See in order to:
- Apply Lean thinking in the office or service
- Understand the process of value stream improvement in the office or service
- Understand how to design Future State value streams
- Understand what makes an value stream in the office Lean
- How to use the value stream mapping process to implement the future state.
Topics that will be examined include
- Selecting the right process to improve
- Key roles to support the value stream improvement
- A series of case studies and exercises to practice drawing a current-state map
- Individual efficiency vs. system efficiency
- Issues to consider when developing a Future State and designing a Lean flow
- Exercises to practice drawing a future-state map
- How to create a plan for implementing the future state.
- Key points to successfully implement future state value stream maps
- Introduction to Lean Thinking
- Introduction to Value Stream Mapping Improvement for Offices and Services
- Preparing for Value Stream Improvement Project
- Current State Mapping
- What makes a Value Stream Lean
- Future State Mapping
- Implementation Planning
- Reflections & Expectations Review
Through instruction, small group discussions and exercises, the workshop participants will:
- Introduce Lean and Value Stream Improvement for the office or service in a practical hands-on manner.
- Develop the ability to “see the flow” and create Future State Value Streams to improve business performance.
- Understand how to redesign a value stream for improved quality, cost & service
- Demonstrate how Value Stream Improvement can be part of any business strategy to improve office process and services.
- Mapping to See: Value Stream Improvement for the Office and Services
- Learning to See: Value Stream Mapping to Add Value and Eliminate Waste
- Training to See: Participant Guide
- Mapping to See: Participant Guide
Who Should Attend?
- Management, supervision, support staff and improvement teams wanting to learn how to apply Lean thinking and Value Stream Mapping in the office and service areas.
- Organisations at any stage in a Lean transformation that are struggling with:
- Applying Lean thinking and Value Stream Mapping in office and service areas.
- Delivering a step change in value stream and business performance
- Attendance - 2 Day Course
- Class size - Maximum 12 people per day
- Timings - Each day will run from 09:00 - 17:00
- Cost - £790.00 (Consultant Rate £900.00)* per delegate per day with a 15% discount when 2 or more people from the same organisation attend
- Materials - A PDF copy of the materials will be available via the Lean Enterprise Academy website.
- Facilities** - Refreshments and lunches will be provided by LEA
* Please note prices exclude VAT at the standard rate of 20%
** We are situated in a listed building which unfortunately does not have disabled access. On occasions where disabled access is required we will move the workshops to a local hotel in Ross on Wye.
We can also run these workshops in-house at your convenience, if you would like to explore this option please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1600 890590
Follow up (optional)
LEA provides an ongoing mentoring service for organizations involved in making lean transformations. Value Stream Maps and A3s developed by the organization can be reviewed at 30/60/90 intervals. This provides the organization with additional improvement capability that they can draw upon to help refine the direction of their improvement plans and sustain workshop learning and improvement activities.
Other workshops available - please visit our events page for more details
The lessons learnt during this workshop fit within the capability development elements of the Lean Transformation Framework