University of Buckingham to host European Lean Educator Conference - CALL FOR PAPERS - 13-15 September 2016
posted on December 17, 2015
CALL FOR PAPERS
EUROPEAN LEAN EDUCATOR CONFERENCE 2016
A Message from John Bicheno (Organising Committee Chair)
We are delighted to invite you to the third European Lean Educator Conference (ELEC 2016), 13-15 September 2016 at The University of Buckingham, England.
Whilst the Lean Educator conference has been held in USA for many years (more recently in association with the Institute of Industrial Engineers IIE and Lean Enterprise Institute), the first European Lean Educator Conference took place in Stuttgart 15 months ago, and the second was held in Sweden in September 2015. Both were exceptionally good, allowing delegates to hear highly relevant keynotes, present papers, and generally to network and share experiences in teaching, educating, communicating and learning Lean, and in related fields such as Agile software, Lean Six Sigma and Factory Physics.
Please take a look at last year’s 2015 European Lean Educator Conference website http://www.leancompetence.se/elec for an insight. The 2015 conference was attended by 120, split approximately 60 / 40 between academics and Lean trainers from the private and public sectors. The quality of papers was outstanding, but more important was the opportunity to learn about innovative education from across Europe.
Our website and Eventbrite booking facility will be up and running shortly (with early bird offer) but in the meantime please:
• Make a note in your diary
• Begin to put together a 200-400 word abstract.
The theme of the conference is Lean education outside of manufacturing. This could include topics as diverse as Lean Product Design, Product and Software Innovation, Agile and Scrum, Lean Accounting, Lean in the Office, Lean Service, Systems thinking, Continuous improvement, as well as applications from healthcare, supply chain, Lean in education, Quality and ‘Kata’.
Important dates for submission of papers:
- Call for Abstracts : December 2015 (now)
- Deadline for submission of 200-400 word Abstracts: 31 March 2016 (Please submit to BLEU@buckingham.ac.uk)
- Notification of Abstract acceptance : 1 June 2016
- Full paper (not mandatory) deadline : 1 August 2016
- Presentation slides : 1 September 2016
- Submitted papers may be included in a book edited by Prof Pauline Found & Prof John Bicheno.
- 12th September: Pre-conference Kata Workshop for teachers and lecturers (tbc)
- 13th September: Keynote Speakers
- 14th September: Paper presentations
- 15th September: Post-conference Workshops, Games & Simulations
We have a superb line-up of keynote presentations for Conference Day 1, including:
- Sir Anthony Seldon - Innovation in Education
- Prof John Seddon - Systems Thinking and Re-thinking Lean
- Prof Pauline Found - Kata for the Environment
- Prof Christoph Roser - The Origins of Lean and Lessons for Today
- Prof Darrell Mann – Counter-Intuitives: Lean, Innovation & Complex Adaptive Systems
- Belinda Waldock – Agile for Lean People
- Teresa Hattingh – Teaching Lean to Undergraduate Engineers
Please feel free to circulate this document to your colleagues. Thank you.
We look forward to receiving your submission!
Click here for more details
You may be interested in...
Also from LEAN UK...
19th October 2016
Our Lean Workshops are designed around the Lean workbooks to help organisations and individuals implement Lean Thinking and to develop core Lean skills.